Transplant update 2023 April 14th

 

Part 1 of 4

I really don’t know how I feel.  Well, let me recap my day..  I’m doing me.  I wake up about 6am and lay in my childhood bed looking at the ceiling.  I pray to my God. I ask him to forgive me and to save me and to save those whom I love.  I beg him and confess.  I then roll over and think about what I Have to do.

I get up to check the machine. The machine is a Liberty Mini-Cycler.  My mom hooks up to it for dialysis. 


Wait she has to go to the bathroom.  No now she wants celery…  long story as me in the comments for clarity.

I had to take my moms to the bathroom.. oh where was I 


Ok, I check the machine and it has maybe 1hour and 25 minutes remaining..  I go to the kitchen to the Kureg and begin my first cup and one for my Dog Gus..  I prep and go. 


Fast forward to the middle of the day.  Its about 2:45pm and I get a call from my moms kidney coordinator.  She is calling with result as to how well my mom circulatory system is working to move her to the final stages for a kidney transplant.  I answer the phone, Hello.  The lady says, this Is Jane can I speak to Shirley, I say yes.  

I put my mom on speaker phone and she begins to talk and the lady say my mom cannot receive a kidney transplant.  My heart drops.  I wonder why.  The ladies says, because of buildup in your capillaries we are unable to do a kidney transplant.  She says the surgeon says if he clamps down on the vessels they may crack and crush up due to build up.  We have a visit to the cardiologist.  She will be able to further explore how well her blood is flowing.. 


My moms feelings are hurt.  She doesn’t know what to do or think.  I encourage her to believe God.  I encourage her that Jesus is the Rock of our salvation.  Cling to the rock.  The only hope we have in this world that is fixed against us, because he is our only freedom.  These things are good, they are churchy, but sometimes they don’t bring the comfort one needs when going through a difficult time.  I hug her and tell her that we are going to make it.  I want to bust into full Lox unison and sing it but that will not be appropriate for the occasion.  I instead hug her again, kiss her forehead and let her know, “whatever happens I am with you!”  


This would have been moms second kidney transplant. The first coming in 1998 by way of a young man who had a car accident and his organs saved many people.  She developed kidney disease by way of the Strep virus as a small girl in rural Tennessee.  The blacks of her community couldn’t see the doctor until the whites who where sick got seen first.  She became so swollen from fluid retention they feared she had died until she was finally seen after day two at the doctor office.  She was then rushed to Memphis to the children's hospital.  

plz comment on this portion and I will add part 2


Part 2


Comments

Popular Posts